sh'/> The Blog from Kevin Leighton Photography: Spring is nearly here! Come in and smell the flowers...... Sweet Shot Tuesday 28/02
You Are About To Be Redirected To The Blog Page At The Kevin Leighton Photography website

Tuesday 1 March 2011

Spring is nearly here! Come in and smell the flowers...... Sweet Shot Tuesday 28/02

I noticed at the weekend that the early spring flowers such as the snow-drops were making way for not only the crocuses but the daffodils as well.

After some really wet and dismal days I've been craving some sun, not only for myself but to give me some decent light with which to capture the flowers. I love it when I can get close up and capture the colours.


From Thoughts And Things

Camera: Panasonic
Model: DMC-FZ8
ISO: 100
Exposure: 1/1000 sec
Aperture: 2.8
Focal Length: 6mm


In between showers the sun came out and I cranked the camera to f2.8, the maximum it will go to and decided to get down with the daffs. As always I was looking for an angle and on this case my camera was virtually on the ground angled back up.

Because I couldn't see what I was shooting in the viewfinder or on the screen the results were a bit mixed but I love the Bokeh effect of the trees behind the daffs as well as the colours and the raindrops on the heads.


From Thoughts And Things
Camera: Panasonic
Model: DMC-FZ8
ISO: 100
Exposure: 1/100 sec
Aperture: 2.8
Focal Length: 6mm


Still at f2.8 I captured this other flower head I hovered over it and managed to diffuse everything else around it.

Sweet Shot Day

3 comments:

  1. beautiful! I do love the angle on the first shot - nice perspective. now i'm so very ready for spring :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely shots Kevin.

    I've only ever visited the UK in spring or summer and always associate it with gorgeous tubs and baskets of flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jealous that your spring has sprung!

    ReplyDelete