sh'/> The Blog from Kevin Leighton Photography: Nova Scotia Bike Ride for Brigadoon Children’s Camp Society
You Are About To Be Redirected To The Blog Page At The Kevin Leighton Photography website

Friday 22 April 2011

Nova Scotia Bike Ride for Brigadoon Children’s Camp Society

Please read and support if you are able

Nicola McCarthy, a very good friend and colleague of mine is about to set off on an epic adventure to raise money for the Brigadoon Children's Camp Society in Nova Scotia, Canada. Although from the UK, Nicola has a great affinity with Canada and spends as much time as possible at her property there. In Nicolas own words this is what she's up to:

On 19th May I will be setting off with my husband and son to cycle 880 km across Nova Scotia to raise funds for Brigadoon Children’s Camp Society, a year-round facility for residential camps for children and youths living with a chronic illness.  We are paying all costs for flights etc. out of our own pockets, so that every penny raised goes directly to the charity.  This is the first time any of us have done anything like this, and from my point of view it’s a huge challenge as the furthest I have ever cycled in one go is 80km, and that was without being loaded up with a tent / sleeping bag etc – and last week I even managed to fall off my bike cycling through a nice quiet park!

I would be extremely grateful if you can spare anything at all for this very good cause. You can donate directly to the charity online in C$, or if you would prefer to donate in sterling please let me know by email and I will add you to my sponsorship form and collect whenever convenient for you.

Click here for the online charity donation page at canadahelps.org

I will be posting updates on my blog anytime we can access the internet and are not busy fighting off bears and coyotes! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment