sh'/> The Blog from Kevin Leighton Photography: My Good Food Review (or some good places to eat)
You Are About To Be Redirected To The Blog Page At The Kevin Leighton Photography website

Sunday 2 January 2011

My Good Food Review (or some good places to eat)

Anybody who knows me will know my pet hate is pubs, cafes and restaurants that provide poor service, value for money or just serve up cold food.

I had the pleasure of visiting three excellent local cafe / restaurants over the Christmas period and I thought I'd give them a mention here.

Britannia Spice is an Indian restaurant housed in what used to be an estate agents office in Backwell. It seems somewhat strange to be eating in a restaurant at almost the exact same spot in the building where I signed for my first house when I moved to the village.

Despite the fact that the staff thought I wasn't buying enough food to keep us going we were served with politeness, the food was very hot and tasty and I just loved the Lamb Nagashori. Well worth a visit.

Tiffin Teahouse and Eatery in Clevedon is a small teahouse right on the seafront. Despite it being cold outside it was warm and cosy inside and again we were well served. We only had tea but the English Breakfast Tea, Earl Grey and Oolong Shui Xian we sampled were all superb. The food we saw looked well presented and very tasty.



The Strawberry Line Cafe is a community project setup at Yatton Railway Station, a junction for the southwest mainline trains and a now defunct branch line turned into a cycle path called "The Strawberry Line".


Set in a totally refurbished railway waiting room we were really very surprised at just how good the food was. We'll be visiting again as soon as we can.

(Visit Strawberry Line Cafe on  Twitter and Facebook)

I totally enjoyed my visits to all of these and if you live locally or are passing through then I thoroughly recommend you try them out.

1 comment:

  1. All sound great (for someone who really doesn't get out enough I should add).

    And it makes me do a double-take too when you mention Clevedon, seeing as I live 5 mins from Clevedon here in NZ :-)

    ReplyDelete